Successful Together: Manwich Steaks and Crockpot Carrots

March 06, 2011

Manwich Steaks and Crockpot Carrots

I decided today needed to be a crockpot day. Had better things to do than stand around and watch food cook :)

Manwich Steaks: 4 servings
1 lb beef round steaks ( I am ghetto and had 1 pack .5 lb cube steak and 1 pack .5 lb steak, so I used both)
**after discussing with Ed, he said he much preferred the cube steak to the regular round steak!**
1 can beef broth
1 can manwich sauce
1/2 can of mushrooms (totally optional!)

In a 6 qt crockpot (or smaller if you have and want to use it and your steaks will fit. Mine were frozen so not able to be mushed around!) Layer Steaks. Put one layer down, cover with about 1/2 of the can of manwich sauce, top with other steaks and top them with the rest of the can. Around the edges of the meat, pour the can of beef broth in. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon onion powder & mushrooms.
Cook on low heat for about 4.5-5 hours or until meat is tender.

1 steak = 7 PointsPlus


Crockpot Carrots: 6-8 servings
2 lbs baby carrots
1 1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put carrots in crock pot ( I used my smaller one) with other ingredients. Stir and cook on low until they are tender. I let mine cook for about 4.5-5 hours but I really think the could have cooked a bit longer. Next time I cook them, I think I will slice them first.

1 PointsPlus per serving (just the sugar really!)

Dinner:

10 PointsPlus for all of this (adding an additional 2 PP for the instant potatoes ;) ) ! I used some of the "sauce" left in the bottom of the crock as a dipping sauce for the steak and gravy for the potatoes.




Served on my saucer-plate. The carrots would be
giants if this was a full sized plate :)



I have added this recipe to the
Melt in your Mouth Monday Blog Hop!!!, Newly Weds Recipe Linky
What's New Wednesday

and

Hunk of Meat Mondays

9 comments:

  1. MMM! Sounds good to me! Crockpots are our friends, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crockpots are simply MARVELOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love crockpot meals. This one would be perfect for my husband and sons. They are definitely meat and potato guys! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! I love the idea of cooking carrots in the crockpot - how neat is that??? The whole meal looks YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved Manwich sauce so I'm sure I'd love this! You can never have enough good crock pot recipes! Thanks for adding this to Melt in Your Mouth Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've cooked steaks in stewed tomatoes before, but this sounds like it would have more flavor, especially with beef broth added! YUM.

    Mushrooms totally optional? Mushrooms totally gone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Steak and Carrots look awesome. That would be a great meal. I can just smell that steak cooking in the slow cooker, yum! Thank you for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea to use manwich on round steaks! Also thanks for adding the WW points. Helps a girl out. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)