Successful Together: Secret Recipe Club: Pumpkin Granola Bars

August 22, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Pumpkin Granola Bars

Welcome to my third installment of the Secret Recipe Club. It is always so exciting to get my assignment, and this month I was given Big Fat Baker. I love her blog! She has so many yummy things that it was REALLY hard to chose one thing. Some of my other top picks are Strawberry Rhubarb Crostata, Pumpkin Butter, and Light Banana Bread Pudding ( I plan on making all of those at some point!)

From her blog, I chose to make her Organic Pumpkin Granola Bars
(She made hers with all organic ingredients)

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 or 9x9 pan, set aside.

Combine oats, spices and salt together; Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together then brown sugar, pumpkin, honey and vanilla til smooth.

Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until all of the oats are moist. Evenly press oat mixture in the the bottom of the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.

Let them cool, then cut them using a sharp knife.

Makes 10 bars @ 4 Points+ each
or
8 Bars @ 5 Points+ each




I really enjoyed these! They came out soft and chewy. Depending on how you like your spices, you might want to tone down the allspice or the cloves. I thought these were great!
Photobucket
linked at:
melt in your mouth monday
Eat at home: ingredient spotlight PUMPKIN!!

Secret Recipe Club

18 comments:

  1. Yum, these look tasty! I love how you put together the 4 photos up top... look nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good and perfect for next month when the weather starts to turn.

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping the gun to the fall with pupmkin? I'm looking forward to those flavours! Your bars look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkin in the bars. If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A" ~ SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for the upcoming fall season. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love anything with pumpkin! I'm bookmarking these for the fall!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delish, and the fact that they're a healthy treat is just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! This recipe sure is a popular one for the Big Fat Baker! I also featured her granola in last month for the SRC here :) I added a few mixins too! check it out- http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2011/06/granola-bars.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like the perfect fall snack that the whole family will love. I just pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for a good chewy granola bar recipe. I'm excited to try these when I can finally find some pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made homemade granola bars, so how cool is that! Amazing!

    Thanks again for being a part of SRC and being a part of my first group, I enjoyed being your host! Now, I get to visit everyone's blog, THIS IS THE FUN PART!

    If you haven't already, come check out my Secret Recipe Club Post: Cucumber Salad http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/cucumber-salad-secret-recipe-club.html

    or my second post for the SRC Raspberry and Nutella Pizza
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/raspberry-nutella-pizza-secret-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I am glad you enjoyed them. I love the way you cut them too. I cut my bars too big the first time I made them, lol. They are a fall favorite for me and the BF! :) Let me know how you like the pumpkin butter. I find it addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look amazing, love these bars, Im stopping by from Secret recipe club!gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great Fall snack! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. My grand daughter is going through a phase of not eating and these would be a healthy hand food to give her. Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo hubby is a Pumpkin Nut! haha he would be in LOVE with this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look great, I can't wait for fall!! SCR is turning out to be lots of fun -- so many new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)