Successful Together: Baked Cabbage

March 18, 2011

Baked Cabbage

One of my online Buddies, Amber, Shared this with me when I asked how people make their cabbage. The recipe looked tasty but I wanted to slim it down some. The results were yummy. Ed and I both really liked it!

Original recipe credit with great step by step found here: Newly Weds Blog (now if you are flipping back and forth between here and there, don't mix up the ingredients :) it is sure to change the PointPlus value!

Baked Cabbage 8 servings
1 head of cabbage, shredded (mine was about 1.5 lbs)
1 large sliced onion ( i used the dehydrated onion flakes)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups 1% milk
splash of hot sauce
7 slices raw turkey bacon, crumbled
dash of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam, dump in onion and shredded cabbage. In a separate dish/bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, pepper. Once combined and milk and hot sauce, wisk together. pour evenly over cabbage. cover with foil and bake for about 1.5 hours, remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes so the bacon can get crisp.


My only suggestion would be stir it before you serve it, to make sure the salt and pepper distribute evenly.
But other than that a very nice side for just 1 pointsplus per serving!

**recipe side note** great served as leftovers! just reheat in microwave!

Linked at:

3 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad you liked it! Now I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!! We love cabbage, so I can't wait to try it! Angie, your blog looks great! LOVE the new look!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amee! :) You are always so kind, My good friend made me my header and I adore it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)