Successful Together: Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal with Coconut Milk

March 27, 2011

Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal with Coconut Milk

In my ventures to try the untried (plus I had a coupon making it pretty cheap!) I bought some coconut milk.

Ed and I both tried it last night just straight from carton to cup, and it is pretty bland with an after taste of coconut. He put it in his coffee this morning and liked it, though he did realize that dairy milk has alot more sugar in it than this coconut milk, so he added an extra sweet n low.


Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk ( 1PPV )
1/2 cup quick oats ( 4 PPV )
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, mushed

This could be microwaved but Ed was cooking something in there, so I made my on the stovetop.

Put milk in pan, heat. Add cinnamon, stir until well combined. Add banana, stir until well combined. Continue to heat until milk begins to boil. Add oats and cook, stirring frequently, until desired consistency is reached.

Used the measurements above made for a medium consistency oatmeal, so depending on how you like yours, adjust the milk amount.

5 PointsPlus!

for comparison purposes!!
(click for bigger pics)






this recipe is linked up over @ Sugar Free Sunday!
(no refined sugars)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us at Sugar Free Sunday! Really glad we connected there! See you next week!
    http://flipcookbook.com/2011/03/sugar-free-sunday-is-here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)