Successful Together: Banana Cinnamon French Toast

March 30, 2011

Banana Cinnamon French Toast

My facebook buddies know how to get my attention! :) I saw this posted on a friends page and I knew immediately that I wanted to make it. Jen said something about it sticking...and I figured, well lets just make it on the griddle, so that is what I did. Now don't flip out when you see some of the amounts! This is intended to be a make now, freeze and eat later sort of thing. Or I guess you could have a party!

original recipe found at Once A  Month Moms

30 slices light wheat bread
1 small carton egg beaters egg whites (10 serving container)
1 1/3 cup milk ( I used 2/3 cup coconut milk and 2/3 cup skim)
1/3 cup sugar (yes regular WHITE sugar! :) )
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon almond extract
1tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup smushed bananas 

Mix all of the ingredients together, minus the sliced bread, stir until well combined.

Preheat griddle to medium heat. Spray griddle with cooking spray. Dip bread slices, once at a time in the mix and place on griddle (my griddle fit 6 pieces of bread per batch). Be sure to stir the coating between batches as the banana will settle!


Cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side? ( I didnt time it...but cook it  like you normally would french toast?) Repeat until all bread is dipped and cooked.




Serve immediately or place on cooling racks to cool if you plan on freezing any. 
For Freezing, cool completely and then place on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen place in freezer storage bags. To reheat: cook for about 30-45 seconds in the microwave.


1 piece of this delicious yumminess is 2 Points Plus
or 2 pieces is 3 PPV. I think I will have 2!


I linked up @ Melt in your mouth Monday!! :)

13 comments:

  1. Nice! I am lazy, don't like to stand at the griddle or stove flipping french toast! Hehehe ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Angie!!!! They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds VERY Yummy!!! I must make this on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Ed LOVED it. He was apprehensive at first, then he took a bite and said, yeah, I will have four of those *squeals*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great recipe that we will really enjoy! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, the name definitely got me! These sounds so yummy. I like how you can freeze some too. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am anxious to try them out. I'm stopping by from Melt In Your Mouth Monday.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terribly good for me and my family.I found you through blog hop.I am your newest follower. I hope you could come and visit mine: www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to Alyssa! Linking now, thank you for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really shouldn't blog browse hungry!! Yummy...love me some french toast!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if maybe you can reheat these in the toaster instead of the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if maybe you can reheat these in the toaster instead of the microwave?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)