Successful Together: Creme'y Chicken Enchiladas

March 27, 2011

Creme'y Chicken Enchiladas

This makes 5 Enchiladas

Ingredients:
.8 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
or you can use canned chicken or whatever chicken you want!
1 can of chicken broth
2/3 container Philly Cooking Creme Santa Fe Blend (2/3 cup)
1 cup diced tomatoes ( I used canned, in italian spices. drained)
1/2 cup Sargento Reduced Fat Extra Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
5x flour tortillas
Crushed Red peppers
Cumin
Onion Powder

Now, depending on how you want to make this...you can do it a few ways. I decided I wanted to shred my own chicken, so  I put the chicken in the crock pot with 1 can of chicken broth, (spices optional, i sprinkled in come cumin and onion powder) and cooked until it easily shredded when stirred (about 4 hours on low...and my chicken was frozen) or you can use canned or whatever. Just make sure that after you get your chicken, you drain the extra juice off of it.

Preheat your over to 375.
In a pan sprayed with pan spray, preheated over medium heat on your stove top, mix the shredded chicken with 1/3 cup of the cooking creme. Stir until well combined. Add in the tomatoes and cook until hot.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with pan spray. distribute the chicken mixture evenly over the 5 tortillas and roll. place seam side down, side by side in the pan. Brush or spread the other 1/3 cup cooking creme over the tops of the enchiladas and the sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes

bake in over for about 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.



In the oven!

ready to eat!!
1 of these enchiladas is 6 PPV
2 is 12 PPV 
or the whole tray, which I don't suggest!! is 29 PPV, so however you split it....yeah. just do it.

this was actually pretty good. Ed was disappointed they didnt have any "red sauce" on them, so maybe I will work on that next. That would slim it down some!

As with every other recipe, you can bulk it up some with some other veggies if you want! :) Onions and peppers would be good if you like those, or maybe some mushrooms

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie!
    Thank you for adding this recipe to Melt in Your Mouth Monday! I LOVE enchiladas! I never noticed the Philly Cooking Creme Santa Fe Blend in the dairy section before. I'm going to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - The Save Educating MomApril 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

    We can't do this recipe...too much dairy...but looks yummy still!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)