Successful Together: Sweet Potato Pineapple Oatmeal

April 28, 2011

Sweet Potato Pineapple Oatmeal

Yesterday morning I made  Pineapple Crisp for breakfast and I was pretty impressed. It got me thinking about a recipe my grandmother-in-law had made at dinner one night. It was a side dish with sweet potatoes and pineapple in it. And I just so happened to have some sweet potatoes I could repurpose.

Ingredients: makes 1 serving
1/2 cup (130g) Sweet potatoes, canned in syrup, syrup drained, then mashed.
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, canned in own juice, juice drained
1/4 cup quick oats
about 2 tablespoons of water
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 packet splenda with fiber

mix all of the ingredients together, stir to combine well. Since I noticed some of the moisture cooked out yesterday, I put a saucer over my bowl this morning before I heated it in the microwave to hold it in a bit. Heat in microwave for about 1-1.25 minutes. serve and enjoy =)




5 Points+ for all of it =)
Say hello to your breakfast with about 13% of you DRV Iron, 230% Vitamin A, and 55% Vitamin C.
:WOOT!:

I have linked up over at

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)