Successful Together: Coconut Shrimp

April 09, 2011

Coconut Shrimp

Ed's Birthday was this past week and in lieu of going out to eat, I figured we would spend that money at the grocery store and cook at home. I know he had been eyeing some seafood, so I was anxious to see what he would pick. Well =) My lovely came home with about 2.5 lbs of shrimp (not the tiny ones, but not the super huge one either, because it quite frankly creeps me out when they are that big!)

Well that was about about 2 pm and then he ate a frozen pot pie :pout: so me being the super "sweet" (impatient) wife I am, I decided to make an appetizer to tonights dinner (which will probably just be steamed shrimp).

Ingredients:

1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons coconut flakes
1/4 coconut milk

Preheat oven to 375.
If the shrimp aren't already peeled and deveined...DO IT!

Dry them on a paper towel

Prep your dipping station:
Mix the bread crumbs with the coconut in one dish
Coconut milk in the other
line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with PAM


Dip the shrimp in the milk coating both sides
then in the crumb mix, then to the pan



As you can see, there is still quite a bit
of the dipping ingredients left, and the Points+
Calculation is based on using it all. I guess you could
"re-dip" them


Bake at 375 until tails are red =) and shrimp is fully cooked
(about 5-10 minutes, flipping once)



Serve!

Now if you wanted to eat all of them, it would be 10 Points+
1/2 of it is 5 Points+

YummYumm



I have linked up over at:
and

7 comments:

  1. Jen the Educated Saving Mom!!!April 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM

    Those look tasty! I would eat them ALL! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, my dh would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! these were a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely divine! My daughter has a new obsession with shrimp. Might need these on the near future dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these linked up Hunk of Meat Mondays, and had to check this recipe out. I'm lovin your blog, so many good recipes! I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, I love coconut shrimp!! This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coconut shrimp is my all time favorite! This is such an easy recipe! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)