Successful Together: Frozen Strawberry Cheese Cake Bites

April 24, 2011

Frozen Strawberry Cheese Cake Bites

These little bites are make using ice cube trays! You can get finicky like i did and weigh everything or you can eye ball it. Weighing will give you more uniform bites and more accurate Points+ calculations.
This recipe could be slimmed down some more, but I used ingredients I had on hand!
Adapted from SparkRecipes

Ingredients:
1/3 tub cool whip lite (about 75g), thawed
4 oz 1/3 less fat philadelphia cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons Smucker's Fat Free Strawberry topping

Mix cool whip and cream cheese until well blended. Spoon out evenly in to 12 sections of ice cube tray ( I used my food scale and divided the amount of mix I had by 12, less the weight of the bowl I was mixing in).

Tap a few times on the counter to settle.

Top each section with 1/12th of the strawberry topping (again, I weighed and put 1/12 on top of each)

Freeze for at least 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!



These are good, but I think they would be better less frozen. Of course you have to freeze them to get them to be able to pop out of the mold, but...I vote let it sit in the fridge or at room temp for a few minutes before eating.


1 cube = 1 Points+
2 cubes= 3 Points+
3 cubes= 4 Points+
4 cubes= 6 Points+
6 cubes= 9 Points+


I have linked up over @ 


5 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy. I'd have a hard time stopping at just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I thought the SAME thing, but they are REALLY hard to eat frozen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect the my sweet tooth! Please share this delicious recipe with our readers by linking it up to Muffin Monday. (I know it's not a muffin or cupcake recipe, but my readers will love it!)

    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/cant-get-enough-vanilla-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those sound fantastic! The good thing about freezing them, is that they'll keep. I'm going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)