Successful Together: Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers ( Quarter Pounder...WOOT! )

April 11, 2011

Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers ( Quarter Pounder...WOOT! )

It was such a nice day for grilling and I haven't had a burger in SO long. So I decided to jump off the deep end a little with this one. Let's just roll with it. Without further adieu...

Ingredients:
1 lb 90/10 ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of shredded Mozz cheese, separated in to 4- 1/8 cup (14g) portions
1/4 teaspoon black peper
1/4 teaspoon hamburger seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic onion seasoning
1/2 teaspoon curry powder (this gave it a sweet-ish taste, will prob skip next time!)
1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes

Preheat grill.
Or Griddle or however you want to cook these.

mix together all of the ingredient except the cheese.
if you want to be finicky (like me) use your food scale
weigh the total of the meat and separate in to 4 even ..meatwads???? =)



form to a thin patty and fill inside of each patty with 1 part of the
reserved cheese. Fold the meat around the cheese til most is hidden.


Turkey burgers don't like my grill, they try and slide through the grates
and I AM NOT HAVING THAT!
So put some foil on your hot grill, spray with pam 
but be careful not to spray on the flames =)
cook for about 5-10 on each side until done!

FLIP!
the finished product <3



Yummy! 8 Points+ for one burger. Totally worth it!


4 comments:

  1. These are SO happening today - I had planned on cheeseburgers with my oopsie rolls, now I will cheese stuff them <------ YUM! Thanks Ang :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mozzarella stuffed burgers! Yes Please! Thanks for linking up to Hunk of Meat Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese filled ANYTHING is a winner in my book :) YUMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)