Successful Together: Grilled Cabbage

June 05, 2011

Grilled Cabbage

In an effort to clear out some of my "to try recipes" in my favorites saved on my computer, I knew I needed to go ahead and make this :) There were a few things that that original recipe (found over at Little Green Bites )calls for, but I didn't have, so I made a few changes. Overall it was VERY tasty, but I will let it cook for a bit longer next time!

Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage, cut in to quarters (Great pics @ original recipe site!)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic onion grill seasoning
2 ounces smoked sausage, diced.
Salt and Pepper


Preheat grill to 425.
Mix all of the above ingredients, except the cabbage and sausage and stir til well combined.
tear off 4 pieces of foil (large enough to wrap the cabbage quarters) and center a quarter in each one. Equally divide the marinade over the quarters making sure it gets in some of the "nooks and crannies" of the cabbage. Add 1/2 ounce of the diced sausage to each grill packet and fold up to close. Cook on the grill for 25-30 minutes ( i think I will go 35 minutes next time!)

We had this with grilled smoked sausage and it was good.  The center of the cabbage needed to be cooked more for my and Ed's liking, but mom liked it the way it was.






1/4 head of cabbage = 3 Points +

Linked at: Recipes for the Grill

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Hadn't thought of cabbage on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I hear a lot of people wanting to cook it longer. I must be the only one that likes it on the "rare" side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either way, it is a totally great idea! And any left overs are good pan fried in some pam! NumNum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)