Successful Together: Fancied Up Strawberry Limeade

May 14, 2011

Fancied Up Strawberry Limeade

So I opened the fridge and saw a lonely little half a lime and quite a few strawberries...next thing you know I am running around the kitchen trying to find my martini shaker. I am sure I took this up a few level higher than it needed to be but no regrets over here =)

Ingredients:
1/8 cup fresh lime juice
3 oz strawberries, stems removed rinsed and mushed up, as smooth as you can get it!
1 packet splenda
1/2 cup diet beverage of choice ( I used Propel Zero Lemon Flavored)
a few ice cubes

Make this as easy or as difficult as you want.

I  mixed the splenda with the strawberries and let it sit while I did the rest.
Put the lime juice, ice and beverage in martini shaker, let it sit for a moment, then SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE :)

Pour in to the glass, add strawberries and stir slightly.

Now I could have put it all in the shaker but I could bear the thought of losing any of my loverly strawberry chunks!






0 Points+
Ahhh refreshing!

I have linked up over at :
Jam Hands
This Chick Cooks
Skinny Super Bowl Snacks
So Sweet Sundays
What happens at the beach
Recipe of the week
Fit and Fab Fridays

7 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect for a nice hot day. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect sweet summertime drink
    come see what I shared http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy and refreshing--perfect for the weather now.

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking this one up at the beach party! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious, and I love how you made it lower in calories by using splenda and diet soda. Perfect for cooling off in the hot Summer.

    Thank you so much Angie for adding these to my Refreshing Summer Drinks collection. If you have any more beverage posts you'd like to submit, it will be open for a while. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That limeaid sounds like a wonderful summer beverage. How yummy. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good! Maybe a little vodka, too, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)