Successful Together: Pina Colada Chicken

July 12, 2011

Pina Colada Chicken

Drool worthy? I think so. Super Easy and Super yummy.
Recipe inspiration from Healthy Delicious. I have made it the fried way, but I honestly think I like the baked version better. Less mess =)

Ingredients:
326 g Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast(Sorry! grams easier than ounces at this point. I started with .92 lb chicken, but didnt use 3.2 oz?)
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
30g sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup pineapple juice (used about 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 400.
Mix panko and coconut together
Coat both sides of chicken in pineapple juice then in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet lined with foil.
Bake for 15-20 or until cooked through and golden brown. (it is perfectly acceptable to stand by the oven and savor the smell!) Carefully remove from foil so the bottom layer of coconut doesn't stick!
ENJOY!



this was SUPER yummy. I will be doing this again. I will get Ed's verdict when he gets home from school :)
Makes 4 servings @ 4 Points+ each. As you can See below, he liked it! :)


Photobucket
Linked @
Hunk of Meat Monday
This Chick Cooks
Made it on Monday
Cast Party Wednesday
Full Plate Thursday
Fit and Fabulous Friday
Melt in your Mouth Monday
Mop it up Monday

8 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks really yummy! <3 Coconut & pineapple...this is a must try!! TY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this looks so yummy, great recipe for summer I will be attempting this for sure! Stopping in from the TCC link up!
    Hello from Jess @ the balanced libra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good, simple and yummy! This recipe would be perfect for my Cast Party Wednesday Link Party. Would you come over and share some of your tasty recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great flavors! Thank you so much for linking this up to "Made it on Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe it could be so simple!!! Love that flavor combo. This is a MUST try soon..thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie,
    What a great recipe, it looks so simple and delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Panko & Coconut together? YUM!! So happy you were able to link up with Mop It Up Mondays!! Thanks bunches for stopping by!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)