Successful Together: Eggplant Lasagna

July 27, 2011

Eggplant Lasagna

Who says PBS has to be boring? In our world without cable, I was perusing the free antenna tv stations and stumbled on this recipe for Eggplant Lasagna. Now, I must say, the dude cooking had a grill pan, that he cooked his eggplant in, and he probably used more oil than I did, but I think I still turned out pretty good. Ed liked it, even said it was better than he thought it was going to be! I think Next time, I will use OIL and I will use less sauce, and less cheese, as it wasn't very lasagna-ie in texture. But still tasty, nonetheless. I think that some Turkey Pepperoni slices in there would be delish!

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant, cut in thin slices, lengthwise
1 jar Light Ragu Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (1 lb 10 oz size)
20 g or 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
18 g light mozzarella shredded cheese
McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder (or other Italian spices)
(optional)
1/2 lb ground turkey, browned

Preheat oven to 450.
Coat with oil spray and seasoning; Grill Eggplant slices til tender.
In an 8x8 glass baking dish, that has been sprayed with pan spray, assemble lasagna, layering eggplant, sauce, cheese, repeat. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.

Serve and enjoy!


makes 4 servings @ 5 Points+ each without the turkey.
makes 4 servings @ 8 Points+ each with the turkey.

I think I will skip the turkey and throw in some pepperoni next time!




Photobucket
Linked at :
fit and fabulous fridays

1 comment:

  1. Angie, I love it! I will have to try this soon. I love eggplant. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)