Successful Together: Teriyaki Chops with Garlic Ginger Brown Rice

February 20, 2011

Teriyaki Chops with Garlic Ginger Brown Rice

My Bff Lorin sent me a text asking what was in my Ginger Burger, so my loving hubby called her to let her know you could use Teriyaki sauce or.... and that got me thinking about making something else using Teriayki Sauce.

Ingredients:
5 pork chops (boneless, thin cut, about 1.08 lbs total weight is what I had)
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic herb grill mates seasoning (or other garlic herb seasoning)



Prep:
Mix dry ingredients. Place the chops in a shallow dish and evenly sprinkle the dry mix over them.


Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the top of the chops and spices. I used a brush to make sure it stuck to the meat.


Now, these WERE supposed to go on my grill. But the igniter wasn't working, so I 
cooked them on grill mode in my convection oven.


Took about 19 minutes in my convection oven.

The whole meal:

8 PointsPlus. :) ( 1 chop and 1/2 of rice mixture)

Now for the rice. No pics, pretty self explanatory.
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic & pepper grinder
1 cup water.

prepare as directed on rice bag, just add spices to start with. 
And there you go! :)



I have linked this recipe over at Melt in your Mouth Monday!

Hunk of Meat Mondays

5 comments:

  1. Yummy, I need to get a convection oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think they would be better on the grill (outside!!) i will have to try it soon since Ed got ours working again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,
    Thanks for adding this recipe to Melt in Your Mouth Monday! I'm always looking for more pork recipes and this looks nice and easy! I have a convection feature on my microwave and never use it. Thanks for giving me some inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of these chops! We have a big pile up of pork chops in the freezer. Can't wait to try them with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)