Successful Together: My First Experience with: Butternut Squash

February 15, 2011

My First Experience with: Butternut Squash

I have a new found mission to try some things that I have never had, or haven't had in a LONG time. So I figured I would take the different ways my friends suggested cooking it and mix it all together.

Preparation:

First you buy the squash :) This is a 1.5 lb squash

Cut off the end, I was intrigued by the juices!

Cut it in half

Scoop out the "yuck"

Place in baking pan, lined with foil, lightly sprayed with 
Pam and add about 3/4 cup water.
Bake in over preheated @ 400 Degrees
( I only cooked mine for about 40 minutes, definitely needs longer!)

All pretty and roasted up

Sprinkled with Brown sugar, cinnamon & spray butter



The review: Not too bad. Needed to be cooked longer, maybe about 10-15 minutes.
It wasn't quite as sweet as I thought would be based on other recipes I had read. But I really think that just lends to further flexibility with spices and flavor combinations. I will definitely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)