Successful Together: Savory Pineapple Ham

February 07, 2011

Savory Pineapple Ham

In the Crock Pot

Ingredients:
Ham:
Jennie-O Turkey Ham ( i had bought a 1.94 lb one, from Food Lion)

Pineapple Goodness:
1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, in its own juice UNDRAINED
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon roasted garlic and herb grill mates seasoning (or any garlic herb seasoning should do)
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon

Directions:

Dump can of pineapple and spices together in a mixing bowl, stir until well combined.
cover and refrigerate for about an hour (or longer if you want) so the flavors can combine.

Put Turkey Ham  in bottom of crockpot and cover with pineapple mixture. Cook on low for about 4 hours (since it is precooked, you are really just letting the juices all combine!)
After cooked, take it out and put it in a pretty dish and TADA!!!



You've got HAM!

Now for the stats: on the wrapper, it states 2 oz is a serving size, but using the size I have, I figured I could get about 8 4oz servings, so for just the ham its 3 PP per serving. get yourself about 1/4 cup of the pineapple yumminess and it about 1 more PP. 4 PP for this is so worth it (to me! :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)