Successful Together: Fun with Wontons! Three New Recipes!

February 12, 2012

Fun with Wontons! Three New Recipes!

I have been eyeing all sorts of fun little recipes made with wonton wrappers for a while now. I FINALLY noticed them in the produce section at the local grocery store and decided to pick up a pack. I really wasn't too sure what I wanted to make, other then the Krab Rangoons, but I was pretty happy with how they all turned out.



Preheat oven to 375. Spray 24 ct mini muffin pan with pan spray and place one wonton wrapper in each hole (I would wait til after you have all of the rest of your ingredients prepped before putting the wontons out as mine started to get dry around the edges

Krab Rangoon Ingredients (makes 8 wontons) 
1 serving Crab Classic (you could use real crab here, but I had the fake stuff on hand and it is YUMMY!)
we had the "leg portion" version and 1 serving of that is two sticks.
2 laughing cow cheese wedges, light swiss, softened
dash or two of old bay seasoning

Chop up the crab finely, and mix in the cheese. If it doesn't want to mix together well, microwave for about 30 seconds and try again, sprinkle in old bay and divide evenly into 8 wontons. Fold Edges over.
(eat all 8 of these for only 7 PPV, or you can share and count 1 PPV each!) Ed LOVED these and tried to eat them all :)


Strawberry Blueberry Ingredients (makes 8 wontons)
about 1/2 cup strawberries diced
about 1/4 cup blueberries diced
1 packet of splenda (optional)

sprinkle splenda over berries and let sit for about 5 minutes, stir til well combined. divide evenly over 8 wontons.
(eat all of these for 6 PPV, or share and count 1 PPV each!) Ed said these were too "strawberry-ie" but I loved them. He is not a fan of strawberries!

Coconut Carrot Ingredients (makes 8 wontons)
3 oz cooked carrots (mine were steamed soft)
15g sweetened flake coconut
light dash of ground ginger

Smush the carrots and mix in the coconut & ginger. Stir until well combined. Divide evenly between 8 wontons.
(eat them all for 9 PPV or share them and count 1 PPV each) These were good, different but good. Ed said they were carrot-ie. Silly husband!







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Terrific ideas! I've been thinking about using won tons...I never have before, and these are such grand ideas. So glad you shared at Fit & Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)