Successful Together: Savory Breakfast Bake

June 10, 2012

Savory Breakfast Bake

If you have been a reader for long, or if you visit my recipe index, you know that we are big fans of breakfast! This recipe is one that I came up with after Ed has a few sweet breakfasts back to back and I wanted to try something different. The blend of spices in this recipe is the perfect savory blend. If you scale the portions down this could be an awesome side dish! We had some leftover burger buns to use up, but you can use all light wheat bread if you prefer


Savory Breakfast Bake
Printable Recipe

3 burger buns, cubed
2 slices light wheat bread, cubed
1/3 cup milk
5 eggs
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp garlic salt with parsley
1/4 cup 2% milk cheese shredded

Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray Toss the bread cubes and spices together, beat the eggs and milk together.Combine the bread and egg mix and stir til coated Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cooked through Serve and enjoy!




Serves 4 @ 5PPV
Serves 5@ 4 PPV
Serves 8 @ 3 PPV


Angie

1 comment:

  1. That looks super yummy, my hubby would probably really like it because he likes savory dishes over sweet dishes! Thanks for sharing Angie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)