Successful Together: Squash Pudding {Secret Recipe Club}

June 11, 2012

Squash Pudding {Secret Recipe Club}

It is unbelievable that it is June already! That means it is time for another Secret Recipe Club Post! This is such a great group of bloggers where each month we are secretly assigned another blogger from our group, so that we can visit their blog and recreate one of their recipes! This month, I had the pleasure of browsing Julie's blog Little Bit of Everything She participates in all sorts of neat challenge groups, and that was fun to read about. I have about 6 of her other recipes bookmarked to try later :) I eventually decided I needed to make her Squash Pudding. I wasn't really sure what size pan to use, so I baked mine in 2 8x8'sThank you for allowing me over to your blog Julie! I look forward to trying more of your recipes soon!


Ingredients:
2 3/4 lb yellow squash, peeled and sliced
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup white flour
1 1tsp vanilla
1/4 + 1/8 cup brown sugar blend
sprinkle of cinnamon and allspice


Preheat oven to 350 Spray glass baking dish (2- 8x8 or 1 9x13) with cooking spray. Boil squash until tender and drain well ( I don't think I drained mine well enough as it never really set, but this could be the correct consistency) . In your blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour in to prepared backing dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until edges are brown.



This turned out quite yummy, though I wasn't sure of what the final consistency should have been. It was pudding-ish though :) I think I will try and remake this again in the future, better draining the squash and reducing some of the sweetener,  but over all i was impressed I could turn veggies in to something this unique :)

Serves 8 @ 3PPV
Serves 6 @ 4 PPV
Serves 4 @ 5 PPV

Check out the linky below for more great Secret Recipe Club posts!!!

Angie


Linked at Fit and Fab Fridays

14 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe! Was it sweet? We have a lot of squash growing on the farm right now. I will give this one a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, It was sweet, but in a good way. I think I might try to tone the sweet down a bit on my next venture with this, and maybe add some other extracts to it as well. I bet a few drops of orange would make it amazing!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's pretty different. Looks good, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting recipe, looks good.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Candied Popcorn.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We loved this pudding, like a dessert that's a veggie. You reminded me how much I am looking forward to squash season.

    Thanks for the great shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a squash pudding before, but one of the great things about SRC is trying out new recipes. I love squash so I'll have to bookmark this recipe to try soon!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simple but unusual recipe for SRC Reminds me of a bread pudding but with squash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would've thought squash would show up in a dessert! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh we love squash here, but who knew a squash pudding! might have to give this a try since we have some squash in the freezer and wasn't sure what to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squash pudding is a weird name, but this recipe actually sounds really good to me! Thanks for providing me with such a great recipe this month! Be sure to stop by Seasonal Potluck this month to link up your pineapple or strawberry recipes http://bit.ly/KeYUr2 Or surf the collection to find some recipe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love squash...this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pudding looks great - would be perfect pre-dessert side for a big family meal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are swimming in yellow squash (and zucchini) already this summer. Love the concept of this, may change up the spices and eliminate the sugar to make it a savory side. Thanks for including WW PointsPlus too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great Angie! Squash is my favorite summer veggie!! I am so glad that you shared on Fit and Fabulous Fridays! I hope you had a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)