Successful Together: Tuna Bites

April 23, 2012

Tuna Bites

It has literally been years since I have had Tuna Bites. Even scrounging the internet, I didn't have much luck finding a recipe for a spice blend. These turned out really really great. Perfect for an appetizer, or on top of a salad. Awesomeness, bite sized!

Ingredients:
6 oz Ahi (yellowfin) Tuna Steaks, cute in to 1-2 inch cubes
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp old bay
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
1 tbs Virgin Coconut Oil

Preheat skillet over medium high heat. Combine all dry spices in a bag, mixing bowl or small plastic container. Shake or stir to combine. Put tuna cubes in to seasoning and coat well. Add coconut oil to hot pan to melt. Carefully add the seasoned tuna to the hot oil, cooking on each side for 1-3 minutes depending on how rare or well done you want the tuna. Serve and enjoy!


Makes:
1 serving @ 8 PPV
2 Servings @ 4 PPV
4 Servings @ 2 PPV


Angie

Linked at: Melt in your Mouth Monday, Mop it up Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Weigh In Wednesday, Newly Weds Linky, What's New Wednesday, Fit and Fabulous Fridays, The Latest Find

5 comments:

  1. These look delicious!! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love this. Question: can I get virgin coconut oil at a regular grocery or a specialty food store? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!
      Thank you for your comment!
      I actually was given some coconut oil to review for my blog! the place i know you can order it from is:
      http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm
      Keep on eye on my blog! there will be a giveaway going live at midnight tonight where you can enter to win a free quart.
      Love this stuff!!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love this for a summer appetizer or salad topper. Please share this on my foodie friday linky. I will pin it also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)