Successful Together: Blueberry Plum Cobbler

March 10, 2012

Blueberry Plum Cobbler

I have been trying to find a recipe to use up the plums I purchased from the store earlier in the week and I came across this one over on Prevention.com. I didn't change it around too awful much. Ed and I were pleased with the taste of it, but I think that the plums need to be cut in to smaller pieces. Short of the long: If you like blueberries and plums, you will love this! :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb plums, quartered and pits removed
1/3 lb blueberries
3 tbs brown sugar blend (splenda or other variety)
2 tbs flour

2/3  cup flour
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/3 cup milk
1 egg white, slightly beaten
2 tbs apple sauce

1/4 tsp sugar


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Spray 8x8 glass baking dish with pan spray. Toss plums and berries with 2 tbs flour and 3 tbs brown sugar blend. Put in prepared baking dish. In a small dish, mix the milk, egg white and apple sauce. In a separate bowl, mix the 1/8 cup sugar, remaining flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir the egg mix in with the flour mix to make a thick batter. Spoon over top of fruit. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp sugar. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Serve and enjoy :)





Makes 6 Servings @ 4PPV
Angie
Featured on: The Latest Find (thank you!!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie!! Featured this in another Sunday's Latest today under the recipes section =)
    http://www.thelatestfind.com/2012/03/sundays-latestedition-3.html
    I love blueberries and this doesn't seem too hard! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, I love cobblers, but haven't made one with both plums and blueberries...mmmmmmm...sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding my button! Keep it up with those yummy recipes! Those of us (like me) that don't know how to cook rely on recipes like this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks awesome and so delectable!
    http://www.easyfoodsmith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)