Successful Together: Secret Recipe Club: Maple Ginger Pork Loin

September 19, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Maple Ginger Pork Loin

Good Morning and welcome to my 4th installment of the Secret Recipe Club. If you are unfamiliar, each month, we are assigned a "secret" blog from which we pick  a recipe and make it. Who's blog you have stays secret to them until the reveal date. It is so much fun!

For September, I was assigned Glenda's Blog Busy At Home. She has so many great tips and tricks for all sorts of things all over the house as well as great recipes. I chose to make her Maple Glazed Pork Loin. She prepped her's to freeze and cook in the crockpot. I did the same thing, but then discoverd my baby crock pot had a crack in the bottom of it, so I baked it in the oven instead. So I pulled the loin out of the freezer and allowed it to thaw and marinade before baking.This was such a great hit! My hubby enjoyed the mash up of all the flavors!


Ingredients:
1.5 lb Boneless Pork Loin
1/2 cup BBQ sauce ( I used Kraft light)
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 sweetner packets ( I used splenda)

Mix all of the ingredient, except the loin) until well combined. Place loin in a ziplock and pour the marinade over it. Freeze to cook in the crock pot, or bake later. Or you can allow it to sit in the fridge and marinade over night.

When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 375. Spray an oven safe pan and pour the meat and marinade, coating the meat well. Bake covered for about 1 hour -1 hour 15 minutes. Uncover, baste and continue baking for another 15 minutes or internal temp is safe.

Allow meat to rest for about 10-15 minutes, then slice while still hot, allowing the chops to rest in the remaining marinade. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 6 servings @ 5 Points+ Each.





Photobucket
also linked at:
Fall Crawl Day






14 comments:

  1. I bet that pork was so flavorful and delicious. It's so nice to see how you take recipes and make them lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great recipe. It is fun cooking with you in the SRC. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Angie! Way to problem-solve! Sorry to hear about the crockpot, but love that you were able to just pop it in the oven. It looks fantastic! So great to be doing SRC with you and what a great surprise to see you had been assigned my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great flavors for the pork.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC recipe this month: Welsh Cakes.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great choice for SRC -- looks and sounds delicious! It was a pleasure to poke around your blog this month -- I had a hard time choosing! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make pork loin often, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. This recipe looks excellent - pinning it!!

    I'm new to the SRC this month. I hope you'll stop by and pay me a visit.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like something I'd like to try for Easter. What a great combination of flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet maple and pork go together nicely. Looks delish!

    If you'd like, check out my SRC post for Molten Lava Cakes!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/09/septembers-secret-recipe-club-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband would love this -- thanks for sharing! I'm loving SRC, so many great new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious flavors for a pork loin! Visiting from SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using my crock-pot! :o)

    And thank you for being a part of the SRC with me (group b). I am excited and looking forward to next month too!

    Here is what I posted this month: Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/pioneer-womans-chicken-pot-pie-secret.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. maple and pork sound like a great combination. wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome.. YUM..I LOVE IT…Found ya on hop and officially following ya with smiles..Hope you get a sec to stop in & say hello..:)) I have a fall inspired blog party going on and would LOVE for you to link this awesome piece to it today ) TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-crawl-day-5-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maple and ginger are the ultimate pairing for pork! Fun being in the Secret Recipe Club with you. I baked up tarts this month for Group C http://su.pr/2rtACr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)