Successful Together: Baked Kiwi

May 07, 2012

Baked Kiwi

I bought a six pack of kiwi fruit from Walmart the other day and wanted to try something new with them! I came across this recipe, with a video that shows you how to prepare it! :) ( Should have watched the video better, I didn't cut the bottoms off so mine kept trying to roll around :) )

Ingredients:
2 Kiwi fruit
1 tsp honey
sprinkle cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450. Cut thin slice off the bottom of each kiwi to keep it from rolling around. Cut the top off the kiwis. Place flat end down in baking dish, pour 1/2 tsp honey on top of each kiwi, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!



These were yummy, but kind of hard to scoop the insides out with out getting sticky. I ended up slicing the fruit out and putting it in the baking dish with the excess melted honey :)

3 PPV for both!


Angie
Linked at: Newly wed Linky,Fit and Fabulous Fridays,

7 comments:

  1. Oh this looks yummy! My oldest loves Kiwi fruit so I will have to make these for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks sticky and delicious! My kids love kiwi and so do I. We'll have to give it a try.

    Thanks for the great recipe!

    New GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I've never thought about baking a kiwi. I'll have to try it sometimes. I do love kiwi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwi is my favorite ....never had it baked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sort of like a baked apple... but not =)
    That looks yummy! Easy and tasty too!
    Thanks, I'm taking that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, yummy!!! I've never baked a kiwi before. I love it! It's a must try now. :) Thanks for sharing it on Fit and Fab!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)